Friday, August 1, 2008

amazing

I think that it was yeasterday morning or the morning before...Benjamin got out of his new big bottom bunk bed and came into our room. This was good and bad-it was time for me to get up and he was just wanting to snuggle and go back to sleep-the benefits of big bed life...So he started laying on Jacob's belly-Benjamin's head was on Jacob's belly, Benjamin had is hands behind his head and his ankles crossed, I laid there thinking " I should get up and go to work, but this is a picture I want to remember" (it was 5:30 AM I was not taking a real picture). After a bid of self guilting I got up and started to get ready for my day. When I got back to my room to get dressed Benjamin was laying on my side sleeping then he started laughing-I mean LAUGHING. I stopped at that moment and again wanted a mental picture and recording-what could he be dreaming about, it was a good dream!
The inside out firetruck room is DONE! I will post pictures probably next week. My kids LOVE the room and the bunk beds. Jacob did an amazing job!
We are now getting ready for school. I cannot believe that Levi will be in kindergarten. He had not been little long enough. We just finished vacation bible school and I was amazed at the 5 year olds interacted, how much they loved the science room, all saying that Discovery Room was the "funniest room in the whole world". I was their leader and will probably stay with the 5 year olds next year, something about the freedom to have fun...
Jacob has been working a lot-we had a 17 year old drown last Sunday. Jacob helped with the recovery until Wednesday when they finally were able to get him out. What a life we lead. This accident will lead to more and more responsibility for Jacob. Jacob is such a good role model, he has an amazing commitment to public service. Jacob will be leading a lot of training for water recovery and rescue. This is the second teenager our town as lost in July. The high school will have their work cut out for them this year.
Gosh, what a cheery note. We are all good and I promise some pictures next week!!!!!

No comments: