Monday, July 28, 2008

WOW

Well, the room is almost done and I will be posting pictures. Jacob did an AMAZING job on the bunk beds. Levi is EXCITED to say the least and patiently waiting for everything to be done so he can finally sleep on the top. Benjamin is really good at getting up and down off of his bed too. We have made them wait to get into the room until all of the painting is done, I think that I am done. I have decided to do a little bit less than I had planned because Jacob was able to get some really neat "retired" fire gear. We have really transformed this room I am a bit jealous-it is a room that will be fun for them to grow in-no white walls!!!
Vacation Bible School started for Levi last night, and Jacob had a rough call while he was working. Levi is old enough to know to listen when the pager goes off and he understands most of the time that when daddy has to leave someone is sick or hurt. Well this time it was a water recovery and some of the rescue team came and got our diving trailer, so Levi "needed" to know what was going on (I had endless questions about why did they get my trailer, was daddy hurt...). In the same time Benjamin had found Jacob's cell phone and was having a FIT that daddy had left the phone. Knowing that there was nothing to see and that Benjamin was way too stressed about the stupid phone, I went and gave a police officer Jacob's phone Benjamin was pleased. However during vacation bible school everyone was talking about the accident and Levi, I guess, said that you have to be careful around water, because someone drowned today, and my dad is trying to help him. It is the life we live. Levi is amazing that he seems to understand, because the next thing he said was, God was ready for him, I guess. Living in a small town everyone knew more than I did and what happened and who was there... they even were telling me things that were not true-the victim was 17 and several of the people at the church are teachers so cell phones were non stop during VBS. It is very sad and I can't imagine anything more horrible, unfortunately things like this happen and all you can do is pray that accidents will stop happening.
On with other stuff. I had a sleep study and I will be the proud owner of a CPAP machine, which, in therory, will keep me from snoring (and will keep me breathing) so Jacob and I both sleep better and I wake up refreshed and full of energy! I am a bit leary and not sure that I really want this machine, but if it will help me sleep and wake up refreshed then I will try.
Jacob is great and working hard to get everything ready in the house. He is pulling down all of the old ceiling in the dining room so it can be repaired, soon we will start with the toy room and get that done.
Benjamin is talking a lot and loves being in a big boy bed. He has really started to be a little boy instead of a baby. Levi calls him the "B Boy" and he calls himself the "L man". It is so amazing to hear them talk. Benjamin has started to call Levi "Buddy", which is great, he was trying to call him brother and I don't know why it just annoyed me-Benjamin will say "Vivi" for Levi on occasion.
It's another busy week for me at work, and with me helping with VBS I can't stay too late this week, hopefully the end of month stuff will go smoothly!

1 comment:

Jazz's Little Buddies said...

I can't wait to see pictures! It's sweet that Benjamin calls Levi "Buddy". Albi tries to call Anthony "brother" or "Toe Toe".