Wednesday, July 2, 2008

WORK

Wow, it's a good thing that I enjoy vacationing so much, otherwise I would probably quit my job. It is not that I do not like my job, it's just that there are far too many people that are unhappy with life that take care of others. Mind you those nurses, CNAs, and everyone else do a wonderful job in taking care of their residents, but cannot seem to get a good mood at Wal Mart (so a good mood must not be necessary). The pressure of being an administrative nurse (that's what I am) is that your success and your failure has nothing to do with how you do your job, it all rests on those around you and how they do their job. I am incharge of education of the entire staff (200+). I cannot do this. I cannot do this alone, and I do not try. I realized a long time ago that everyone does not have the same take on things as I do, they don't think I'm right, and I know they are not right. I have learned and my friend Shelly has taught me that sometimes it takes people a while to figure stuff out and I need to just give them time. I have a lot of respect for Shelly-she is the BOSS of the entire nursing department (100++) and she WORKS all of the time (my perception). Shelly and I live 30 miles away and sometimes she gives me rides to work. Work for both of us goes very well when we ride together. She and I are very opposite, she is a small town girl, I am not (although I currently live and work in small towns). I love change, Shelly not so much. We took on a HUGE project and we accomplished it as best we could. We still have lots of work to do, but that was expected. If I had to choose a nurse friend to go and do it would be Shelly, the problem is that neither of us do that. It is very odd, we have both been bosses for so long we have really lost the ablity to have nurse friends that we work with. It just does not work to supervise and go to movies or chat with someone. The lines get blurry, and the preception gets bad, it is just not good practice. So Shelly and I are in an odd spot. We work together, but she does not supervise me, I don't supervise her, but both of our jobs depend on the success and failure of how we do our jobs. It took Shelly and I a long time to stop working against each other and start working with each other. Shelly makes my job easier, she does anything I ask of her AND she has the BALLS to stand up to me and tell me that I'm wrong. I take it from Shelly, but I also give it to her. I have the patience to teach her how to do stuff and help her in transition. I will not ever say that she and I do not ever get irate with the other. This morning Shelly was snappy, I took it personally. I did not leave her alone until I realized that it was not me. I forgot a meeting, she did not take it personally, but had to feild question for me. Shelly is one of the hardest working people I know. She works all the time. I will MAKE her go do something one of these days. Oh, another thing, for some of you that really have made it this far and are thinking, why do I care. Shelly cares. She has just started reading and noticed that I don't mention her. It is not because I do not cherish her, it's because when I started this blog I really thought it would be more about the kiddos, not me and honestly there are times my kiddos are not really what happenin' with me. Oh, Shelly is Aunt Shelly and Levi LOVES her, he will not leave my work without saying good-bye and giving her a hug and a kiss. She does consider him OURs, not mine...

I have to say a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to R Levi's best friend turns 5 today!

I also want to ask everyone keep my friend Amber in their prayers, if that's your thing. I have never thought this about anyone, she needs a baby. I have never had a childless friend (or been one) that was willing to change diapers, hold a screaming kid, play beyond the point of tired, and be willing to eat kid food just to be kind.

Levi and Benjamin are good. They both have been pretty special and I think that in the evenings I need Lipo-suction to go to the bathroom, because both are on my hip so close. I have been working a lot, so I am reeping the benefits. I have started a little treat for them, we have been eating outside and they both LOVE it. Benjamin has started walking on his tip toes and thinks he a big deal because of it. I had forgotten how great Levi's 2 year old laugh was, now Benjamin has that same laugh, really is there anything better? I think that I should record it and listen to it when I need a pick me up. Levi has gotten so big and has really learned a lot in summer school. I cannot believe that he will be in school. Benjamin is now so big, wow he will be 2.
I'm getting sappy-Shelly should be proud!

1 comment:

Jazz's Little Buddies said...

I love reading your blogs. You write just how you talk and you tell it straight. No crap! I think being a mom sometimes entails being sappy.