Monday, August 4, 2008

The ROOM

Here are you see Levi and his friend R painting the first coat of white. BYE-BYE clouds! In life you must get some paint on your hands. Not worries he washes!
This is the "diamond plating" that I did on one wall. I could only do so much until the fumes of the spray paint got to me. I cannot believe people huff this for fun! The fire hose is the baseboards-Jacob's idea isn't it COOL! (BFD=Bethany Fire Department)
This is the ceiling. With real fire hose. We are getting more. The painting the hoses on did not work so good. I hate to paint ceilings!

Here is the "front" of the truck. I spray painted the blinds silver-only on one side. I plan to get a picture of the fieghtliner logo from the front of a real fire truck and put it on the "grill".
Here is the making of the head board cabinet. Both of the boys loved to play in them while waiting for installation.
Here are the finished bunk beds. Again we used fire hose. The "poles" are PVC pipe painted to look like the real thing. Gray sheets, we are waiting on Benjamin's fire quilt that will not match Levi's, but will be close. The yellow things at the bottom are air bottles from air packs. We also have retired airpacks and helmets. All we have left is moving in the rest of the furniture and putting on the quilts. They love to play, play, play in their room!



2 comments:

Haley said...

I can't believe how big Benjamin is! Levi looks like he is in 2nd grade...geez.
I am so glad you have a blog! Nice to see all of you are doing well. Give the family hugs and a hello for us!
~Haley

Jazz's Little Buddies said...

The room looks awesome. I can't wait to see it in person.