Wednesday, August 27, 2008

just another day

Well, my dad's surgery went well as I expected. It was a bit shorter than I was told...I went for a walk after the 1st hour of waiting. I was enjoying the time by myself looking around University of Iowa (from which I graduated) and noticing the changes. It was the first day of class for students. Wow how things have changed and stayed the same. The same ages of people, the same buildings, the same bars. Wow, they took out the fountain affectionately known as "3 women pissing"-wait I think they did that a long time ago... I so rarely get the chance to go to Iowa City and just look around, I have always loved when the students come back, the hussle and bussle-it's like Christmas time! One thing I noticed that even that really old student had on low rise jeans and a skin tight t-shirt with the back pack straps on BOTH shoulders. Wow, what a risky life I lead I only used one strap! I could tell that the night before had been a really GOOD night for 2 reasons-1) when I was walking in the ped mall by all of the "hot spots" (yes the same ones I frequented) my shoes stuck to the ground and 2) there were several people (mostly females) that were less than perfectly groomed for class-hair kind of up in a quick ponytail, in pajama looking attire-we've all wished we could literally get out of bed and go... They have poured new sidewalks and put in little quotes in the sidewalks, kind of neat, but I did not stop often, because the students would have run me over. I was at the old capital area when I got the call that dad was done, so I had to haul ass to the hospital to hear what the doc had to say. I did make it not horribly out of breath. The report was all thumbs up! As a matter of fact dad did great and went home on Wednesday (they had expected 4-5 days-knowing healthcare as I do I knew it would be 3-4 days).

It has taken me a while to do this post (so sorry) I've been busy.

My friend Jasmine's son A turned 4 and what a party. I think that she should pack her kiddos to CR every birthday!!! I saw some of my friends from High School and saw their children. It was fun!

The fair started last night and it had rained then stopped just in time for the parade, which they cancelled just as the sun was coming out. We went and looked around-big news there is a new carnival company providing rides, some new and good rides. I wanted to post that we walked by a frazzled mom pushing a 3-seater stroller, babies in each seat. I knew that they were triplets--THE triplets that everyone has talked about, since they have been born. I immediately thought of my cousin G and wife K (especially K) and resisted the "are they triplets?" or the "are they all yours?" or the "wow, you must be busy with three" all of the things that would point out the 3 baby show. Anyway I did not say anything, I even just glanced at them, but smiled at the mom, who smiled back. I thought that I must have been the only one not to say anything... Although this family has been in the paper and now has personalized plates--"3-babys" and "all 3", I mean that does draw a little attention to the whole triplet thing. She had worked at Wal Mart, which is kind of the "breakroom" of Bethany--if you want to know something just ask a Wal Mart associate. Anyway I'm sure that K is pleased that I did not stop to look and ooh and ahh over the babies. People still do that with Benjamin, although it is always "wow, he's gotten so big, to think he started so small". No one ever says that about me-I started out small and I can gain more than 20 pounds in 2 years!!!, but that is never a good thing. Twins, Triplets, and preemies are not freaks, not fun (at first), and not for everyone! I can only imagine the "ordeal" that people who have multiples go through.
I started with my CPAP. Yeah, not so much fun...I sleep ok, I guess, I don't snore at all, according to Jacob, but I really have not woke up feeling refreshed. I guess that will come...
I have got to quit, I will post pictures next week...

1 comment:

Jazz's Little Buddies said...

I'm so glad you arrived back at the hospital not horribly out of breath after hauling ass. Too funny. I LOVE your blog and hope you had a great weekend.