Thursday, September 18, 2008

I think I have gone crazy

Last night at soccer practice we (the soccer moms who all happen to be EMS widows-I mean wives also) were talking about Saturday's game-it is at 0900 and it is about an hour away. So much for sleeping in at all...anyway one of them Keri has to work and she was talking about her husband John getting all the kiddos ready that early-it is hard I'm sure-I'm not looking forward to it and I only have 2 not 4. Then the conversation turned to Sunday's training for the rescue team. Keri again has to work. I never watch her kiddos, not sure why-she always says the 6 is a long way from 2, but she watches my kids and doesn't mind saying that 6 is not far from 4. Anyway I know that finding someone to watch kids on Sundays must be hard and expensive! So I offered to watch all 4. I think it will be fun, I have some stuff to do and the big kids will help, the only thing that will be a challenge is managing the 3 little ones-Benjamin is not used to sharing my lap with anyone, but tolerates Levi, I will have to feed G, and K is always wanting to sit on my lap. Hopefully I will keep them all busy enough that it will go fine.
Levi got his glasses last night. I took pictures and I will post them when I can. He looks SMASHING in them. I still am not totally sure he needs them. The other day we were walking to the car and he saw a snail on the driveway. I could hardly see it. He claims he got close to see it. It looked like a rock-I'm not all together clueless. I guess he just needs them for close up. Last night Jacob went over how to open the case and put them on/take them off without touching the lenses. He also showed him how to clean them, put the cleaning cloth in Levi's backpack with a note to his teacher for her to help him for a while. I imagine soon the fun of glasses will subside and he will not want to wear them, then he will have to wear them...Oh, he even had me take a picture of his profile to show off the black flames. I'm not sure the pircture really shows the detail, but I will post it.

No comments: