Monday, October 27, 2008

short and sweet

I hope that this will be short...
We have had some exciting times! Levi is almost done with soccer (this Saturday is the last game) and hockey is getting started! We have let him be goalie now...and last Sunday he took one in the chest, one on the forehead part of the helmet, and one in the face mask. I tell you what it did not even faze him. He kept right after the puck, never loosing sight and never forgetting what he needed to do. I was a PROUD MAMA! He really works hard at the goalie thing, so hard that you can tell that he's not all that into the whole scoring thing. That would not be a problem on any other team (no one wants to goalie), but on his team there are 3 that like to goalie. Most are older (one is 12 one is 9) so they usually let Levi have his way. Levi also got hurt during his first game. I walked out on the rink when heard him cry here was the conversation:
me: "Pop tall, Levi you're tough"
Levi: "No, I'm not"
me: "Where does it hurt?" (I knew, but what the heck)
Levi: "MY KNEE" (yeah, not the answer I thought-yes I thought it was a bit higher than that-and his shin guards go past his knees)
me: (as I kiss my hand and put it on the shin guard) "If you are not okay then no goalie next game"
Levi: "I dried up"
and off he went...
All the while Benjamin (who had no nap, but was really good) is posing for his picture taken about a million times with some girls.
BOYS!

No comments: