Monday, October 25, 2010

dad's night

Tonight finds Benjamin and I home alone-preparing a talk that he and I are going to give Friday. We are alone because Levi's class is having "dad's night" at school. Yesterday they made Mummy Treats (rice krispie treats shaped like a head and wrapped in gauze). So Benjamin and I have played games then we started to look at the power point that I have prepared for Friday. My friend teaches human growth and development and health classes at a near by school and she asked me to show some pictures and go through the Benjamin story. He will be with me when I do the talk so the students can see him and we can do a comparison of him and a "normally" developed 4 year old. Granted he is not at all delayed, but he is significantly smaller and finer featured than most. He also has some preemmie features. The whole way through the slide show he kept saying "awesome" as he saw pictures of his tiny self. I think it will be good for him to show his story. I have always felt that he is no more of a miracle than every child, but he was in medical definitions a fetus for the first 70 days of his life, and we don't get to see that part of life.
Benjamin is calling for a bit of help with his domino cake, got to go!

1 comment:

jdh said...

This is cool, Paula. I was interested in Ben's reaction to his pictures. I look at them now and then and marvel at his development.