Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Well how "bout that?

Levi finally played his first game last night, they tied a near by town. Levi was the "catcher". I put that in quotes because he did more chasing than catching. At first the machine was low, so the balls would bounce, throw dirt into his eyes, he would cry, we would squirt his eyes with saline, I would tell him if they did not bounce (and he caught them) it would get better. They played 4 innings-the max and tied. Once they adjusted the machine a bit higher we hit better. Everyone (I think) got a hit! It is fun to watch them playing what actually looks like baseball.
After the game the pager went off for a code, Jacob responded, I helped, a sitter took the kiddos home. All I can say is never do I ever want to be worked that hard for that long. We worked this code (by we I mean Jacob and 5 other people-I was the documenter-which in that scene is what I am best at-my license is not that great for out in the field and in the Paramedic's field) for over 2 hours. Now I have taken care of someone who was down for 6 minutes and 10 minutes-not much left of either of those, took care of someone who was down for 2 minutes and that wasn't too bad, but I can't imagine 120 minutes. Never would that be worth it. By the way it is not as exciting as on t.v.
Oh, mentioning tv, we will be without cable starting Thursday. We don't watch much tv, and really I think that we can live without it. I am the one that watches the most tv and it was my idea and decision to have the cable disconnected. We do not have Internet at home just on our phones. Right now we have no furnace or air conditioning either (those are in the works though, I am not ready to give it all up).
Benjamin and Levi will start soccer in August!
Enjoy summer, hopefully I will get back to posting more frequently...

No comments: