Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas is coming the goose is getting fat...

The Sunday before Christmas and we are still very unsure of when our celebration will be. We have been so lucky for so long that and this year is really the first time that our occupations have gotten in the way. Jacob works the 25th, I work the 24th and we have extended family on Saturday. We have told Levi that we will call Santa to make arrangements, but for when. There is a promising chance that Jacob will be home about midnight on the 24th/25th-which entails him working the 24th day- this is what we are hoping, but I hate to completely plan that because if something happens and he ends up staying all night then we have to wait for him to come home. Levi is SUPER excited which makes Benjamin SUPER excited. I love watching them...
We got to "play" Santa for a family in the town that I work, the CNAs asked for donations and got TONS of them for a family in need. Levi is pumped about all of the stuff in my office for the girls. Again it makes me so thankful for the things I have...I have never needed anything for Christmas--like toothpaste, shampoo, sheets, towels. It is a good time to remember what good feels like.
Today we did Sunday school. We do this rotation in Sunday school for the kiddos, in which for 8 weeks we use the same lesson and just apply it in different ways. Jacob and I always do the cooking week. We made edible Christmas trees- with sugar cones, green frosting, popcorn, and cookie decorations. This is a fun thing to do, but can be messy! We talked about how even though each of us had the same things to decorate with none of the trees were the same, kind of like people. We talked about what Christmas means and one of the boys said it is not as much fun when you don't believe in Santa. I asked him why he does not believe and he said he "knows" (mind you there are little kids also in the room) I said well wasn't God the first Santa- he gave the best present-he was surprised, and I said maybe there is a little Santa in all of us, and you just have to believe in giving and Santa makes sense- sometimes I surprise myself... I have Levi convinced that snowflakes are Santa's eyes and ears to watch over everyone. On that same note Levi had a bell today and he was ringing it in Jacob's ear, J pretended he did not hear it. Levi was very upset believing that J did not believe in Santa (don't get it watch Polar Express), J then said is that a Santa sleigh bell? Oh I can hear it...
So Merry Christmas, and may you all find more that you need in your celebrations! Oh, as for the title of this post, well, I do love John Denver the the Muppets Christmas Carols...

No comments: